Thursday, May 7, 2009

Update on Mischief

With the warmer weather, my two year old has moved most of his energy outside. He no longer plays with knives (though he does like to bring them to me so that I can put them where he can’t reach them). He usually doesn’t wake us up in the morning with the sun (currently before 6am) anymore. Instead, he grabs a box of cereal and feeds himself while “reading” a book. He usually knocks or opens the doors slowly instead of barging in, and he doesn’t even try going out the front door without Mom or Dad. (He can’t reach the screen handle, so he got locked out when he did). Oh, and we fixed the egg problem too. We now have Easter Eggs all the time so that he can tell which ones are boiled. The kids love it.

Now, he just climbs the back yard fence so that he can see the dogs next door. He can’t climb all the way over (thank goodness), so it’s not too bad. He’ll stand there for half an hour at a stretch sometimes just watching. It’s kinda cute actually. Makes me want to get him a dog. . .

He also likes to swing. He’ll lie down on his stomach on the swing, super man style, and push the ground with his legs. He can really get going that way.

Indoors, he has taken to stealing my bras and hanging them around his neck. Then he’s strut around the house like he’s the coolest thing until Daddy or I take them away. That’s about it.

I think I can handle that.

Say “hello” to Spring!!!

No comments: