Sunday, May 3, 2009

Count down

We have three weeks left of this school year! We only have four weeks to do it in though. This is the first year that I've actually kept track of the days, and it's been a little more difficult then I thought to fit them all into one year.

Colorado law says that you have to school for 172 days each year. That's about 35 weeks worth. Considering that there are 52 weeks in a year, that may not sound like much, but it can be. I've been sick a lot this year (because my forever sick two year old keeps giving me his colds). There are also unplanned visits, vacations, and so forth. I cut it a lot closer this year then I meant to. We've been behind since last summer when we took an extra week off because I miscalculated our vacation time. If I'd followed my original plan, we would have only had about a week left right now instead of three. Oh well. It's one of the benefits of homeschooling. Things are flexible.

But flexibility has it's limits. Sigh.

Three more weeks. We can do it! Just three more weeks.

Then we have a two week break before second grade starts. Oh well. Enjoy the break while it lasts.

No comments: