Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Successful 1st Day. . .I Think

The girls got to go to their fist full day of Options Thursday. They were so excited.

Sierra set her alarm clock, and the girls got up early, before me around 7am, so that they wouldn't be late. They ate their breakfasts, got dressed, made their lunches, and got their backpacks ready all before I was out of the shower. We had plenty of time to spare, except Blake wasn't dressed, nor did he have his lunch put together. And we had to find his shoes.

Well, with all of the girls preparation, and my helping Blake, we got there right on time with only a minute to spare before announcements started. Apparently we'll be doing the Pledge of Allegiance first thing from now on. That's new. Other then that, everything proceeded as normal. Sierra knew where her classes were and in what order to go, including when to switch her backpack for her guitar, etc. Bailey took off with her teacher, and all lights were go.

I took Blake grocery shopping and did some other errands. Then I crashed. Hard. My husband came in to our bedroom at 3pm asking when the kids were supposed to be picked up. I was so out of it that I didn't have any clue what he was talking about, and by the time that I finally understood, he was out the door on his way to picking them up. (He was taking pity on me because I'd been under the weather for a couple of days due to a bad cold.)

When I finally wandered out of bed later that afternoon, Sierra told me that her Art teacher said she wasn't on the attendance roll. I'll need to get that fixed. Otherwise, according to my girls, everything was great. They had a lot of fun. We're off to another good school year.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

you got that cold thing too, Jon has it and almost over it. It was a bad one. That is awesome the girls were so good for you and blake so patient. I hope you feel better