Sunday, September 18, 2011

Egg Food Yum!

During that time where I am stuck in the kitchen, available for any questions my kids have for me during school, I often boil up a few dozen eggs, shell them, and put them in the fridge for eating whenever. I used to leave them in the fridge with their shells still on, but not only were they harder to shell as the days went on, but also I had to dye them to keep my youngest from grabbing and breaking the wrong eggs. Oops.

So, I often have shelled boiled eggs on hand, which make for some easy, quick snacks.


Egg Sandwiches (or eggs on toast, or eggs on crackers)

Take the egg(s), mash them in a bowl using the prongs of a fork, mix in some mayonnaise and mustard to taste, maybe some relish or pepper, and spread on bread (or toast, or crackers).


Deviled Eggs

They aren't such a big deal if they are already pealed.

6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp mustard
salt and pepper to taste
paprika and/or parsley if desired

Cut eggs in half length wise and put the yolks into a small bowl. Add the mayo, vinegar and mustard to the yolks and mash up with a fork, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stuff egg whites with mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and/or parsley if desired.



Hard Boiled Eggs

Well, that goes without saying. :)

No comments: