Thursday, May 27, 2010

Score!

Driving past a garage sale last week, I found a nice dresser and a head board for $25. Not too shabby! Blake was in need of a new bed after all, so I got them. Unfortunately, we still needed to get him the mattress and rails, and I wasn't too keen on him having free reign with the dresser. It was great for an older kid or adult, but not so much for a three year old.

So, inspired by my good fortune, I decided to browse Craig's List to see what I could find. Most of the stuff was junk, either really ugly or not very good quality. But then I found something. Someone was trying to get rid of their old bunk bed and dresser that their eighteen year old had finally grown out of. And they were throwing the mattresses in too! It looked really sturdy, and the design was very similar to the new furniture I had my eye on. Price wise, they were asking for less then a typical dresser. I was interested.

Well, when I went over to check it out, I discovered that it was not only sturdy, it was one of the most solid beds I'd ever seen. Same goes for the dresser. Yay!!! I was sold.







It took me two trips in our SUV to bring it all home and all morning to assemble. The kids are ecstatic. Blake loves his new "room". The girls are jealous. And I didn't have to change the light! (Good thing we never put the ceiling fan back up!)

As for the headboard and dresser from the garage sale, we'll just keep them around for whenever we end up finishing the basement. They'll be perfect for one of the planned bedrooms down there.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love love LOVE garage sales! You just can't pass up a good deal. And what a fun color in your bathroom! Looks great!