Saturday, March 20, 2010

Toileting Troubles

Poor Blake. We keep trying to work on his toilet training, but things keep coming along to interrupt. First, he came down with bronchitis. Then I took over the bathroom when I tiled it. Oh, and did I mention the bout of tummy troubles caused by (we later discovered) him drinking all of the juice boxes in our food storage?

So, even though we've been working on his toileting skills for almost two months, we haven't gotten too far. He pees on command, so much so that if he's really got to go and you tell him "Blakie, go pee" it starts dribbling down his legs. Poor kid. I try to tell him to go before that point though. He does usually stays dry for nap time, which is a bonus, but he still won't go number 2 or on his own. Oh well. He's still much easier then his sisters were. So far. Let's hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

Amy said...

good luck with that, how old is he now? Have you tried Cheeros in the toilet to make it fun. just a suggestion.

Misty Lynne said...

He's 3 now.

Actually, he still refuses to stand when he goes pee. Go figure. He somehow has the impression that Daddy does it wrong (seeing as how he's the only one who stands to do the deed). And since my boy is such the little perfectionist. . .

I've always wanted to try the cheerios though. Wish he'd let me.