Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I did it! Sort of.

I did it! I reached my goal of reading an average of a book a week this year! Well . . . that is . . . if you count all of the books that I read more then once.

One of my friends had the great idea of reading a book a week this year, and I thought that I would see if I could do it too. My reading list was nowhere near as ambitious as hers was, but I still had a lot of fun, and read some really good books.

Officially, I only read a total of 48 books, four shy of the required 52. However, if you include all of the books that I read more then once, I read 60. Got that? 60!!!

Here are some of my favorites:

Eat, Drink, and be Healthy
Wuthering Heights
Jane Eyer
The Brothers Karamazov
Middlemarch
Pride and Prejudice
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Mara, Daughter of the Nile
Howel's Moving Castle
Twilight (and series)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't know you were doing the book a week challenge! Good for you! 60 books! Awesome :) Thanks to my little sister and her YA reading list she gave me I think I made it to somewhere around 70.

I remember reading Mara and loving it. Same with Witch of Blackbird Pond. To read that many books while homeschooling--and the fact that your list included the like of Middlemarch (blech!) and the Brothers Karamazov (yay!)--that is awesome.

Misty Lynne said...

Laura, you are my inspiration.

Randy Rogers said...

That is quite the accomplishment. I usually am reading 3-4 books at any one time but do not finish them at your rate! Congrats!

Randy