Saturday, May 24, 2008

Vacation

We have been on "vacation" for a week now, and I have discovered something I find interesting.  With all of my extra free time, I have become less productive.

I haven't done much this week.  The house wasn't cleaned half as much as normal.  I put off going to the store for over three days.  Snacks and lunches have been erratic.  I never did clean out the garage like I planned, and I've barely reached 100 pages in the book I wanted to read.  I've been basically unmotivated.

It seems that, for me, the less I have to do, the less I get done overall.  I end up not even doing those things that are needed, because I have tuns of time in which to do them.  So I guess for me, vacation is vacation, and not time to plan on doing big projects simply because I have "more time".

On the reverse side, I have been better at keeping the house decent, making healthy snacks and lunches, paying attention to my kids, and getting routine things done since I started teaching my daughter at home.  Homeschooling has it's advantages in more areas then I realized.

No comments: