Friday, April 17, 2009

When it rains, it pours . . . or in our case, it blizzards

This spring had been an onslaught of one thing after another. First, I had to get some dental work done. On my way home, it was a blizzard, and I got stuck within blocks of my home. Then, I got a sinus infection. Once I acquired the prescription for that (after the blizzard finished), I came down with a head cold. Fun. The sinus infection and head cold combined got to be so bad that I couldn’t even breath through my nose, at all, even standing up during the middle of the day. Turns out, my allergies had decided to act up at the same time.

I took the allergy meds, and because I was able to rest A LOT, my head cold cleared up in a few days. It took longer for the sinus infection to clear up completely though, and before it had, I got yet another head cold.

Then it was time to go back to the dentist to have my wisdom teeth removed. Not fun. That knocked me out for another couple of days. Things were good enough by Easter that I could at least have chocolate, but nuts and jelly beans were out. Waah.

A few days ago, I was starting to feel good. Things were starting to go well. Then, Blake came down with a bad case of croup. And on top of that, we’re having another blizzard. Sometimes, life just sucks.

No comments: