Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mint.com

After deciding to get my finances in better order, I started to look for a program to keep track of my spending. I've used Quicken before, so I went to their on-line sight first. Turns out they have a free on-line financial tracker called Mint. It acts similar to the old pre-2004 Quicken programs, which is what I used before, plus the added on-line capabilities. Very basic, but very useful.

Pros:
It's FREE
Easy access from any internet linked computer
Works with my Mac
Quicken style program
Create budgets
See data in chart and graph forms
Track your spending/income/net worth
Automatically downloads bank info
Info/advertising for other financial opportunities without being obnoxious

Cons:
No immediate downloads of transaction data (this may just be my bank)
Transaction data can take a few days to download
Information is all on the internet
It is only a basic program without all of the bells and whistles


Anyway, I like it. It covers all my basic needs and then some. Very nice.

I definitely think it's worth checking out.

No comments: